Sunday, April 15, 2012

InfoBarrel Ate My Article. Beer Requested

I'm forever a web scribbler.  Well, that minus the forever bit.  I won't be scribbling on the web forever, per se - but likely I will be for a while.

What I'm saying is that I'm spending a ton of my time for very low income...writing on the web.  I've never much had anything remotely "viral" - but I've had some very good and steady success writing about things within a couple genres.

Probably, the genres of success I've dipped my toes in...are the least viral or lowest paying niches or genres on the entire world wide web -animals, and folk music, or folk music instrumentation.

When I started my non career as a web scribbler in earnest, I started on Hubpages.com, and there is where all the best of my work is.  I'm not saying I don't work hard to create good web content on the other sites I write on, what I'm saying is that Hubpages pays me daily...every day I get the cash to buy a beer or two...three at the most...from Hubpages.com.

After I'd started writing on Hubpages, I realized very quickly that a man named Sunforged was the single most intelligent person on the entire website in regards to web marketing, website building, web page promotion, and earning a very good living on the web.  Sunforged advised me via his Hubpages profile to join InfoBarrel, and so I did.

I like InfoBarrel quite a lot, but I don't like it as much as I like Hubpages - and the reason for this is simple:  Hubpages is a freer format that better suits my style, and it has a much larger community of writers than any other single site on the web.

Wordpress is nice - but the notion that I should pay in money in order to monetize my two to five dollars per day's work...is obscene, so I've got non monetized Wordpress, but regardless, Wordpress doesn't have much of a COMMUNITY vibe to it, and so it goes.

InfoBarrel does have a bit of community to it, and I've increasingly noticed that despite the very low traffic I get on InfoBarrel - my Google Adsense earnings there increase steadily.

You'll never get rich by spinning or outright stealing my web scribbles - but you'll hopefully get a headache should you bother debating with me online.  I kinda think I'll hand you yours in a handbasket, and the entire audience will see it.

Not that I've got a big ego - I've got a big mouth...big difference.

Anyway - InfoBarrel's software screwed up royally this morning, or maybe they just didn't want me saying what I'd already typed out seven hundred or so words of...my article went "poof" into the cyber ether.

I mean....I mean....I spend well over 40 hours a week online on various and sundry websites writing, reading, and promoting - and arguing my views, and then....I put some effort into something, knowing it is important to someone out there, knowing that I'll likely never afford Heineken beer with it...and it just disappears?

I really need a fine Netherlands Brew Now!


No comments:

Post a Comment